Saturday, February 13, 2021

Papaw's Mayonnaise Jar

 A journal entry dated October 20th of 2010 had me recalling the infamous mayonnaise jar.  I must have been missing him a lot.  He departed this life in January of 2009.  My grandfather, Reese Witherspoon shared his name with a famous actress but he was a Jr., so this name had been taken for quite some time now.  He used to keep a glass of ice water in the refrigerator.  Everyone new it was his but we ALL drank from it.  Boy, I am telling you.......Ugggghhhh!......just to think of all the germs in that Jar! For some reason it didn't matter to any of us.  We drank it anyway.  It was soooooo good!  We must have really been lazy.  Too lazy in fact, too lazy to get our own glass and our own ice and our own stream of water from the dispenser.  I think I'm going to keep a mason jar in the fridge and everytime I see it I will think of him. Wink

No comments:

Post a Comment