Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Favorites

My new favorites.  They look like bricks to me. These just magically happened one day. Many moons ago I had this very idea but it didn't dawn on me to make the beads smaller.  So, I gave birth to the brick beads.  It took a little finesse and fine tuning to drill the holes just right but look at the brilliance, the splendor,  the magnificence.  I really like how these came out.  I even realized that when paired with the right beads the bricks have a fabulous unisex quality.  Hopefully the fellas will think so.  These are very different from anything you have seen. I keep creating and finding new inspirations.  I'm keeping myself busy and developing my own path.  Hope you enjoy the journey as much as I am. ..............ohh, maybe I should explain the two necklaces in the photo.  I am wearing two different pieces.  One has black and white bone beads with smaller amber glass beads.  The slightly longer necklace has magnesite nugget beads dyed turquoise . (I will never try to pass off any beads I have as something they are not. If the tag says howelite then that's what I tell you it is.) The turquoise look is very popular these days but everyone can't afford it.  You can have the look without the sacrifice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment