Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ok, this is the first blog I thought I lost

Hello all,



I am new here and I wanted to introduce myself to the world of blog and to the jewelry community. I love making earrings. I also make necklaces, bracelets, wrist cuffs, & hair accessories. I am completely self taught. My niche is bamboo. I fell in love with the material because it is easy to work with and I wanted to promote the beauty of nature and sustainable resources. I am not a blingy type of chick. My style is comfortable casual with a little earth mother flair. Feel free to comment or give feedback. As a creator of wearable art, I thrive on feedback. I will try to keep you up dated on what is new and what Iam working on. It varies from day to day. I will get an idea for something and will have to go and try it out. My work shows a great deal of individualism and creativity. Many of the pieces I make I have never seen anything like it. I think outside of the box and create what I feel. Many collections could be categorized as Random Spontinaety. I utilize many found or reclaimed materials. I incorporate sea shell fragments, that I find on the beach, into my jewelry. If it can be found in nature or has a natural look I will find a way to manipulate it into a unique piece of jewelry. Currently I am sanding lots of large and small ovals for earrings and necklaces. they require a lot of sanding which is time consuming but I love it and it does not feel like work at all. Until next time. Luv Yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment