Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our Introduction

First of all let me say hello to all of you out there in blogerspace! I am new here and this is my first blog and my first post. I am interested in sharing my jewelry making adventures. I wrote this long intro and gave some information about me and what I make, but in true new blogbie form I erased it somehow, so I am doing it again here at 2:48 in the am. So, what I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself is that I am a jewelry designer. I am completely self taught, but I don't do any silversmithing or anything like that. My thing is bamboo. I know you are probably asking yourself, "what does she mean bamboo?" I love all things Bamboo. It is a natural, Eco friendly, green material that is beautiful and easy to work with. I also have an interest in woodworking, among other things, so it is really right up my alley. I also use beads, preferably glass or ceramic ( I love the use of natural materials). I find sea shell fragments on the beach which I use in my jewelry. I reclaim beads and things from other objects. It is a real challenge to create something totally different from what it used to be. The jewelry above is made with bamboo. It is a necklace and earring set dyed red with India ink. There is a sunburst batik pattern that I designed and the necklace is cotton cord dyed red. What I have been working on lately is bamboo ovals that have to be sanded a lot so it takes up a lot of time. I love it though, and it really doesn't feel like work. Hope you enjoy. I must go now but I won't say goodbye, but Until Then.......Luv Yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment